Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring Asparagus Soup With Parmesan

I adore them , too, and that's why I decided to use half of the heap in pan, and the other half in the soup. An experienced cook, I decided to create my own recipe . On his way through the kitchen and asked my grandson , " What are you doing ? " He seemed a little surprised when I told him I made ​​soup. Later, when he some for lunch , he was more surprised.

"It is good!" he exclaimed. I hope you think my recipe is good and will use this spring vegetable in many ways. Substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth if you are vegetarian. For heartier soup add some cooked chicken. Here is the recipe .

INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
26 -ounce carton chicken broth ( salted or unsalted)
1/2 bunch of fresh asparagus
1 rib celery, finely diced
2 tablespoons red pepper, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
Salt to taste (can be omitted)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Mixed - Romano cheese

METHOD

Rinse asparagus and cut into 1/2-inch pieces . Transfer pieces to a microwave safe bowl , add a little water , cover , and cook 3 minutes on high. Butter in soup pot . Add in flour and cook for one minute , whisking constantly . Gradually, chicken broth, still whisking constantly . Next whisk until all lumps are gone. With a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus soup kettle. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 minutes, mix flavors. Pass extra cheese , if desired. Makes 6 servings .